Episode number: 17
In Dino Veritas
First Aired: 04/26/96
Production number: SL-211
Previous Episode: Time Again and World
Following Episode: Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome
SummariesThe sliders land on a new world and are trapped in a cave, menaced by a man-eating allosaurus that has survived since the prehistoric age. Quinn must leave the safety of the group to go in search of the timer, which was lost somewhere outside. -Fox
The sliders find themselves face-to-jaw with an extremely large (and angry) beast when they lose Quinn and the timer, in a San Francisco that's been developed as a game preserve--for dinosaurs. -TV Guide
33. Truth Tellers EarthThe people of this world are required by law to wear devices around their necks which administer electric shocks whenever they tell a lie. The bigger the lie, the bigger the shock; a huge lie can actually cause you to be electrocuted.
Visitors to this Earth are encouraged to bring along a pair of wirecutters; although they should keep in mind that removing a truth collar is illegal and is punishable by death.
34. Dinosaur EarthDinosaurs never went extinct on this Earth although they are now all endangered species. Dinosaurs such as allosaurus and packs of velocirators wander through the San Francisco National Forest. Holographic projections of forest rangers, working out of the San Jose Ranger Station, police the forest looking for poachers.
35. Paleontology EarthWell preserved, if unusually fragile, dinosaur fossils have been found in this Earth's San Francisco.
- An early draft of this episode was called "Ranger, Poacher."
- The title of this episode is a pun on the Latin phrase in vino veritas which means "there is truth in wine."
- The Sliders discovered that another world had dinosaurs on it in the third season episode Dinoslide.
CreditsWritten by: Steve Brown Directed by: Oscar L. Costo Music by: Anthony Marinelli Guest Stars: Alessandra Petlin as the Ranger Jack Kehler as the Poacher With: Brent Sheppard as Wayne Davies Marcy Mellish as Angelica