Episode number: 18
Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome
First Aired: 05/03/96
Production number: SL-210
Previous Episode: In Dino Veritas
Following Episode: Obsession
SummariesThe Sliders finally make it back to their own Earth, much to the delight of all but Quinn. When Rembrandt's musical career skyrockets, Wade publishes her diary and Arturo becomes famous for his invention, it's up to Quinn to prove that something is very wrong. -Fox
The Sliders finally land in the one place that none of them wants to leave--home--but Quinn is the only one that has doubts about their good fortune. Meanwhile, Arturo hatches a plan to use Quinn's discoveries to win a Nobel prize. -TV Guide
36. Arrowhead EarthAn Earth which was never colonized by the Europeans and whose geology is substantially different to that of either Earth Double Prime or Earth Prime.
37. Earth Double PrimeAn almost exact duplicate of the Sliders' world of origin: Earth Prime. This Earth's Quinn, Wade and Rembrandt became lost while sliding just as our four Sliders did; the only difference is that this Earth's Arturo backed out at the last moment and did not accompany them. Other differences are subtle and could only be noticed after a few days of carefully looking for them. The most obvious difference is that Golden Gate Bridge is blue and is known here as the Azure Gate Bridge.
38. Psychiatrist EarthAll we see of this Earth is the inside of a psychiatrist's office while Rembrandt recounts the events which transpired on Earth Double Prime.
- An early draft of this episode was called "Our So-Called Lives."
- We never see Arrowhead Earth, we only hear about it briefly during one of the press conferences given by Earth Double Prime's Alternate Arturo. In this press conference he shows off a "remarkable arrowhead, ... a 500 year old artifact made of a space age titanium alloy" as part of his proof of interdimensional travel. Since neither Quinn nor Wade made any comment to the effect of "what is he talking about?," I assume this is an Earth the Sliders visited which we never saw.
- While on this Earth, it is mentioned that the Sliders have been sliding for eighteen months. This indicates that their travels began in 1994. From Quinn's video diary in the Pilot episode, we know they left Earth Prime in late September of that year.
- It's unclear when the Sliders leave Earth Double Prime whether our Arturo or that Earth's Alternate Arturo made the slide with them. The other Arturo, whoever he is, was left behind saying "Oh my God."
CreditsWritten by: Nan Hagen Directed by: Adam Nimoy Music by: Stephen Graziano Guest Stars: Kristoffer Tabori as Dr. Whelan Stacy Grant as Miss Vonbaeck With: Don MacKay as Artie Field Deanne Henry as Mrs. Mallory Carlton Watson as Sebastian Smith Tom Picket as Leroy Hopkins Brian Arnold as Barry King Linda Ko as Tanika Tina Klassen as Miss Jennings Mike Mitchell as Guard