Episode number: 31
The Fire Within
First Aired: 11/15/96
Production number: SL-309
Previous Episode: DragonSlide
Following Episode: The Prince of Slides
SummariesThe Sliders land on a world where the substance of fire has a mind of its own and a small piece follows them to another world. Quinn and Arturo are amazed by the fire and try to find a scientific method to communicate with it. -Fox
In a world consumed by mysterious fires, the Sliders discover what might be the culprit: a single flame, which seems to have a mind and a will of its own. -TV Guide
64. Home Run Derby EarthOn this world, Rembrant tied the all time record for home runs in a bar room game called "Home Run Derby." Before Remmie had a chance to break the record and collect his winnings, the Sliders had to slide leaving his bet, and all their money, behind.
65. Fire EarthThis entire world seemed to be on fire. It's difficult to say whether the flames were from volcanoes, natural gas deposits, or from Spirits of the Hearth. Fortunately, the Sliders were only on this world for 10 seconds.
A very intelligent form of fire-based life exists on this Earth. One such creature hitched a ride with the Sliders to Refinery Earth and seemed to understand enough about sliding to return here when the Sliders slid out of that world.
66. Refinery EarthIt seems that on this Earth, oil deposits are in southern California rather than in the Middle East. American cars, especially gas guzzlers, are the rule and small Japanese cars are nowhere to be found.
Pan Global Oil runs the refinery at which the Sliders find jobs. The "Brotherhood of Petrol Workers", the local union, is currently on strike demanding health insurance.
- Early drafts of this episode were called "The Substance of Fire."
- Refinery Earth is probably is not the same world as Oil Boom Earth seen in the episode Fever. Refinery Earth has a very retro 1950s look about it whereas Oil Boom Earth looked modern.
CreditsWritten by: Josef Anderson Directed by: Jefery Levy Music by: Stephen Graziano Guest Stars: Anthony Tyler Quinn as J. C. Ashton Brigitta Dau as Amanda Lynn Clark as Diana Sylvius Terry Markwell as the TV Reporter Ferdinand Carangelo as the Foreman Co-Starring: Veronica Cartwright as the Voice of the Flame