Episode number: 23
As Time Goes By
2nd season finale
First Aired: 07/12/96
Production number: SL-206
Previous Episode: Invasion
Following Episode: Rules of the Game
SummariesQuinn locates Daelin, a long lost love from home, on a roller coaster ride through three worlds--an America that lost the new world to the Spanish, an earth where time moves backwards and the Sliders are accused of Daelin's murder and a world which seems perfect for Quinn and Daelin to be reunited--but first Quinn must make a decision that could sever their ties forever. -Fox
The Sliders find themselves in a perplexing situation: each time they slide into a new world they encounter the same people as in the previous world. -TV Guide
47. Nueva Espana EarthThe United States doesn't exist as such on this world--instead the Spanish have formed a country called Nueva Espana. Anglos make up much of the lower class and hold jobs such as household servants and day layborers. Illegal Canadian immigrants stream across the border into Nueva Espana hoping for a piece of the good life and are regularly deported back to Canada.
Quinn accidently discovered an alternate of his childhood sweetheart, Daelin Richards, working as a maid on this world.
48. Abuse EarthQuinn located this world's Daelin and helped her escape from an abusive relationship. When last seen, Daelin was heading for Seattle with her infant daughter to meet up with this world's Quinn.
49. Time's Arrow EarthThe most remarkable thing about this Earth is that time here seems to flow backwards. Moment by moment, everything seems to be fine, but when a "discontinuity" in time occurs, visitors to this world will find themselves moved to a point in the past. The natives of this Earth do not perceive time to be moving backwards at all; from their point of view the Sliders have knowledge of the future and no memory of past events.
The Sliders changed this Earth's future by preventing the murder of a police officer (Daelin again) who had already been killed when they arrived on this Earth. (Isn't temporal mechanics fun?) Playing with this world's time line seems to have had a adverse effect which Arturo describes as "ripping the fabric of time." The Sliders slid out of this world before seeing what damage, if any, was caused by their actions.
50. Decision EarthOn this world, Quinn decides whether or not he wants to continue pursuing alternate Daelin Richards on each new Earth he visits.
- Both the final draft of the script as well as a Fox press released the week before this episode aired called this episode "As Times Go By." Either the name was changed at the last moment or someone put the wrong title on the episode.
- Charlie O'Connell, who plays Kit Richards in this episode, is the real life brother of Jerry O'Connell (Quinn). He also has a small part in the third season episode DragonSlide. He will be joining the cast in the fourth season as Quinn's brother from an alternate Earth.
CreditsWritten by: Steve Brown Directed by: Richard Compton Music by: Stephen Graziano Guest Stars: Brooke Langton as Daelin Richards Matthew Flint as Dennis McMillan With: Charlie O'Connell as Kit Richards Dennys Payamps as Gloria Sanchez Eli Gabay as La Migra Mina E. Mina as Judge Estavez Lori Triolo as La Padrona Gary Rousseau as Jailer James Crescenzo as Head Guard Francisco Trujillo as El Padron Dee Jay Jackson as Bailiff